Axminster canteen is model for new River Cottage eatery
Chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall plans to open new restaurant in Plymouth in November
AXMINSTER’S River Cottage Canteen and Deli will be the model for a big new restaurant in Plymouth.
Celebrity chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall will open his latest eatery and food outlet at the Royal William Yard in the autumn, providing some 25 jobs.
It will be based on his first River Cottage Canteen and Deli in Axminster, where the emphasis is on using the best seasonal local produce.
Meanwhile the goodlife cook has scotched rumours that he has bought the long-closed Bottle Inn, at Marshwood.
You may also want to watch:
When quizzed by the Herald a River Cottage spokeswoman said: “Not true.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents