Axminster: Car park 'dangerous' claim
AXMINSTER councillors have branded a car park in the town as dangerous .
AXMINSTER councillors have branded a car park in the town as "dangerous".
Councillors criticised the approach to Coombefield Lane car park during the monthly meeting of Axminster Town Council on Monday night.
The council has been informed it will cost Devon County Council 'several thousand pounds' to put a few lines along one side of the car park.
Cllr Jeremy Walden said: "It's dangerous - somebody is going to be killed. It's not if, but when."
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Stephanie Spiller added: "I understand there's a cost involved, but for them [DCC] to basically write back and say you can have it, if you pay for it, is disgraceful.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 3 Gallery applauded for resilience and creativity during 'very tough times'
- 4 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 7 Rugby star Ben Moon’s Testimonial year begins
- 8 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 9 UPDATE: Man dies after 'serious accident' on A30
- 10 Steve's Great Hike