Axminster: Car park 'dangerous' claim
AXMINSTER councillors have branded a car park in the town as dangerous .
AXMINSTER councillors have branded a car park in the town as "dangerous".
Councillors criticised the approach to Coombefield Lane car park during the monthly meeting of Axminster Town Council on Monday night.
The council has been informed it will cost Devon County Council 'several thousand pounds' to put a few lines along one side of the car park.
Cllr Jeremy Walden said: "It's dangerous - somebody is going to be killed. It's not if, but when."
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Stephanie Spiller added: "I understand there's a cost involved, but for them [DCC] to basically write back and say you can have it, if you pay for it, is disgraceful.
- 1 School recognised for appliance of science
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 Mum and daughters take some big steps to help beat cancer
- 4 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 5 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 6 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 7 Axminster progress in the Devon Senior Cup
- 8 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 9 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 10 Customers reminded to look out for tax credit renewal packs