Axminster: Car park 'dangerous' claim
AXMINSTER councillors have branded a car park in the town as dangerous .
AXMINSTER councillors have branded a car park in the town as "dangerous".
Councillors criticised the approach to Coombefield Lane car park during the monthly meeting of Axminster Town Council on Monday night.
The council has been informed it will cost Devon County Council 'several thousand pounds' to put a few lines along one side of the car park.
Cllr Jeremy Walden said: "It's dangerous - somebody is going to be killed. It's not if, but when."
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Stephanie Spiller added: "I understand there's a cost involved, but for them [DCC] to basically write back and say you can have it, if you pay for it, is disgraceful.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding