Axminster: Car park 'dangerous' claim
AXMINSTER councillors have branded a car park in the town as dangerous .
AXMINSTER councillors have branded a car park in the town as "dangerous".
Councillors criticised the approach to Coombefield Lane car park during the monthly meeting of Axminster Town Council on Monday night.
The council has been informed it will cost Devon County Council 'several thousand pounds' to put a few lines along one side of the car park.
Cllr Jeremy Walden said: "It's dangerous - somebody is going to be killed. It's not if, but when."
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Stephanie Spiller added: "I understand there's a cost involved, but for them [DCC] to basically write back and say you can have it, if you pay for it, is disgraceful.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 4 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'