Axminster Carnival Committee calls for “new ideas”
Young people wanted to help organise the town’s big parade
AXMINSTER Carnival Committee wants to recruit some younger members.
They are inviting volunteers to attend the annual general meeting in the Guildhall at 7.30pm on Friday, March 8.
A spokesman said: “We are always looking for new members on our committee and it would be refreshing to have some young people with new ideas.
“Carnival 2010 went very well there was a happy atmosphere in the town. We would like to make it even better when it takes place on September 17, this year.”
You may also want to watch:
The committee has thanked people who have regularly supported its Monday bingo sessions which provide vital funding that enables them to stage the big parade.
Profits from last year’s event were shared between the following groups: Karizma Majorettes, Axminster Scouts, Axminster Guides, Axminster TIC, Axminster United Charities, Axminster Charabanc, Axminster Guildhall, Axminster St John’s Badgers, the War Memorial Fund and
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 6 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 7 Judith is miles ahead in climate change action campaign
- 8 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 9 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner
- 10 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
Axminster Rotary Club.