Axminster Carpets: union calls for the facts
- Credit: Archant
Officials are hoping to meet senior management to find out what is being planned for the coming weeks
Community Union officials are hoping to meet Axminster Carpet bosses today (Tuesday) to discuss the company’s future.
A spokesman said: “We are aiming to get some insight from them into how they see things played out over the next couple of weeks and what action they are planning to take. We need to know what they are doing.
“We want the facts on the table to find out the nature of the problems and what they are doing to keep the employees up to speed with information – and any assistance the union can bring to that.”
More than 2,000 people signed the union petition in the first 48 hours after its launch.
You may also want to watch:
It reads: “We the undersigned support the campaign to save Axminster Carpets and keep this historic firm and carpet manufacturing in Axminster. We call on the Government to do more to support the carpet industry in this country.”
Copies are available throughout the area and on line at
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 9 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax