Axminster charity to benefit from London Marathon run
- Credit: Archant
Peco worker Margaret Pearce is raising funds for The Project’s vital work with young people
A member of the production team at model railway firm Pecorama is hoping to turn in an express performance at the London Marathon.
Margaret Pearce will be running in aid of an Axminster-based charity’s vital work.
A keen athlete, she has been a member of the Axe Valley Runners club for many years and has completed several long distance challenges, including the famous Seaton Grizzly.
Margaret has decided that her run, on Sunday, April 23, will support ‘The Project’, which provides help to young people affected by mental and emotional health issues.
You may also want to watch:
The charity has weekly groups in Axminster and Chard and offers a safe and welcoming space for young people from across East Devon, South Somerset and West Dorset. Margaret says lots of young people benefit from The Project and it is a lifeline for many of them and their families.
The Project’s founder Debbie Humberstone, said: “We are delighted that Margaret has chosen to raise money for us by taking on the London Marathon. We rely on grants, donations and fundraising to continue our vital work with young people.Taking on the marathon is an amazing challenge, and we hope people will support her efforts.”
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 7 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
To sponsor Margaret, people can send donations to her, care of Pecorama at Underleys, Beer, Seaton EX12 3NA or go to the website mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/margaretpearce1