Axminster coffee morning raises £259 for Marie Curie
- Credit: Archant
Local fundraisers are inviting more people to join their friendly group
A coffee morning held recently by the Marie Curie Axminster Fundraising Group raised more than £250.
Spokesman for the team Sandy Sinclair said they were delighted with the result
He added: “We ant to thank everyone in the town who came along to support our coffee morning, and to the local businesses who kindly made donations for the occasion.
“You helped us to raise a valuable £259. These funds will help Marie Curie Nurses reach more people living with a terminal illness in the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Sinclair said they were also looking to recruit more people to help with the vital fundraising efforts.
He added: “We’re always looking for new members to join our friendly group. If you’d like to get involved, please call 01884 703535 or visit www.mariecurie.org.uk/get-involved
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 7 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Marie Curie welcomes donations – a gift of just £20 will pay for an hour of dedicated nursing care for someone living with a terminal illness.