Axminster college to investigate student booze claim
Parent has lodged a complaint that youngsters went drinking on a college trip to London
CLAIMS that a group of sixth form students from Axminster drank alcohol on a college trip to London are being investigated.
A parent has lodged a complaint alleging that the teenagers, while in the charge of a teacher, went to a bar during their visit to the capital on June 28.
Responding to the claim, Axe Valley headteacher Martin Smith issued the following statement to The Midweek Herald this week.
He said: “I can confirm that a parent has made a complaint to us about an incident that allegedly took place on a sixth form trip to London. We treat all complaints very seriously and I will be making a full investigation in line with college procedures.”
You may also want to watch:
The Axminster party was amongst 500 students, from 46 schools, attending the Global Student Forum national conference in Westminster.
The theme this year was “Dying for Life - Save the mothers, save the world.”
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery