Axminster crash victim’s funeral date set
Fund to be set up as a memorial to 23-year-old Chris Ackland
THE funeral service for 23-year-old Axminster crash victim Chris Ackland will take place next Wednesday (April 20).
It will be held at East Devon Crematorium, Whimple, at 3.15pm.
The family has requested family flowers only and donations for a fund in Chris’ memory which may be sent c/o W G Potter Funeral Directors, William Potter House, 5 West Street, Axminster, Devon, EX13 5NX.
Mr Ackland, a talented tattoo artist and senior lifeguard at the Flamingo Pool, in Axminster, died after his motorcycle collided with a lorry outside Honiton on Wednesday April 7.
You may also want to watch:
Family, friends and colleagues have all paid tribute to a much loved young man with a heart of gold.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents