Axminster cycle ride raises £1,600 for charity
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Ax-pedition money is shared between the Alzheimer’s Society and The Project
The third Ax-pedition Charity Cycle Sportive raised £1,600 to aid worthy causes.
This year’s event was again organised by the Rotary Club of Axminster in association with Axminster Tools and Machinery – the town’s biggest employer.
The money raised from the cycle ride, which took place in September, has been divided equally between the Alzheimer’s Society and The Project.
The Ax-pedition is not run for profit and over its first two years it raised more than £10,500 which has been shared between some amazing charities including Hospiscare and Exeter Leukaemia Fund.
You may also want to watch:
The Project, based in Axminster, is committed to supporting and improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of young people, aged 12 to 24, as well as providing support to the parents and carers of young people experiencing mental distress.
To contact organisers call 01404 549045 or 07970 167341 or e mail info@the projectyp.org.uk
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
The website is www.theprojectyp.org.uk/