Axminster food bank’s urgent appeal for supplies
- Credit: Archant
Group desperately needs to replace stock destroyed when its storeroom was flooded
Operators of Axminster’s ‘Canned Sunshine’ food bank have issued an urgent appeal for supplies after their store room was flooded.
A faulty water meter has been blamed for the incident which swamped the cellar at the Axminster Health and Wellbeing Centre
Most of the stock was drenched, rendering it unfit for distribution.
Other items including sleeping bags and gloves, which the centre stocks to give to people who are homeless, were also ruined.
You may also want to watch:
“We would be very grateful if the public are able to donate food stuffs, toiletries or cash to help replenish our shelves and get Axminster Food Bank back in full swing,” a spokeswoman told The Midweek Herald.
Goods can be donated directly to the centre in Chard Street or to collection points at the large Co-op and Tesco in Axminster.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
For further information, please call the centre on 01297 32331 and ask to speak with the food bank manager.