Axminster gears up for the big parade
Carpet town hoping to pile on the fun with another spectacular procession
IT’S Axminster’s turn to host the latest round of East Devon carnival parades on Saturday.
The carpet town will be hoping for another bumper turnout when the illuminated procession sets off from Trafalgar Way, at 8pm.
The route will be the same as last year, taking the floats and walking entries up west street, through Trinity Square, right into South Street and Musbury Road before turning right down King Edward Road and back to the start.
Entrants will have to complete the circuit to be judged and the prize money will be
You may also want to watch:
handed out in The Guildhall at around 10pm.
Official collecting tins and buckets can be obtained from the Guildhall from 6pm - people can kepp 25 per cent of the money they raise for their own chosen charity.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
A spokeswoman said: “We are hoping the only umbrellas we see on the night are decorated ones in the walking class.”
A children’s fancy dress competition will take place in The Square at 7pm.
See the Herald website www.midweekherald.co.uk for results and photos on Monday and a picture special in the paper on Wednesday.