Axminster gears up for the big parade
Carpet town hoping to pile on the fun with another spectacular procession
IT’S Axminster’s turn to host the latest round of East Devon carnival parades on Saturday.
The carpet town will be hoping for another bumper turnout when the illuminated procession sets off from Trafalgar Way, at 8pm.
The route will be the same as last year, taking the floats and walking entries up west street, through Trinity Square, right into South Street and Musbury Road before turning right down King Edward Road and back to the start.
Entrants will have to complete the circuit to be judged and the prize money will be
You may also want to watch:
handed out in The Guildhall at around 10pm.
Official collecting tins and buckets can be obtained from the Guildhall from 6pm - people can kepp 25 per cent of the money they raise for their own chosen charity.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 6 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
A spokeswoman said: “We are hoping the only umbrellas we see on the night are decorated ones in the walking class.”
A children’s fancy dress competition will take place in The Square at 7pm.
See the Herald website www.midweekherald.co.uk for results and photos on Monday and a picture special in the paper on Wednesday.