Axminster healthy eating charity’s help for carers
- Credit: Archant
New course beginning soon to show people how to prepare nutritious meals
Axminster-based healthy eating charity HALFF is launching a new ‘Learn to Cook’ course for carers.
It is aimed to help people who need to provide meals for family members or friends.
During the six-session hands-on course, people will learn basic cooking techniques to enable them to prepare healthy and nutritious recipes with confidence.
Course coordinator Laura O’Rourke told the Herald: “The course has been extremely well received in the past and we are looking forward to running the next set of sessions from next week.
You may also want to watch:
“Overall, previous participants have been delighted with the course.
“They understand food preparation better, have a greater variety of recipes and ideas for cooking for themselves and their family and appreciate the importance of checking food labelling when buying food for fat, salt and sugar contents.”
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
Comments from previous course students included:
“I can see the benefits of cooking from scratch now, particularly because home cooked food contains less salt than processed ready meals.”
“For those cooking on a budget, it is more cost effective than buying processed food, so it really makes sense to make your own.”
The next course starts on Monday, March 23, from 2.30pm to 4pm, at The Masonic Hall, South Street, Axminster, and continues on April 13, April 27, May 11, June 1 and June 15.
To book your free place, call 01297 631782 or contact Ros at email@example.com
HALFF is also running cooking demonstrations for this group of carers starting today (Wednesday, March 18), at its Food Hub shop in South Street, Axminster from 2.30pm until 4pm.
For more information about HALFF’s wide range of help and activities, call 01297 631782 or visit the website at www.halff.org.uk