Axminster healthy-eating charity set to ‘make and munch’
- Credit: Archant
Hands-on cooking practice for mums, dads and carers with children
A new series of healthy-eating charity HALFF’s popular Make and Munch cooking course will begin in Axminster on Wednesday October 18
With hands-on cooking practice, organisers say it’s a perfect opportunity for mums, dads and carers with children to learn new skills and pick up nutritional tips to help make diets healthier and lives in the kitchen easier.
HALFF’s nutritionist is on hand at each session to offer advice on a variety of topics, so if your little one is a fussy eater, you are confused about food labelling, or you would just like more advice about food and cooking for kids generally, these sessions are perfect for you.
They’re completely free to attend and people can enjoy a sit down lunch with other parents/carers and children at the end of the session.
You may also want to watch:
Participants of previous Make and Much courses say they have found the sessions really help them gain confidence in cooking the basics and have discovered that making your own dishes rather than buying ready prepared food does not need to be too time consuming, or difficult!
Sessions are also a great way to get out of the house and meet new people.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
One parent attending last year’s course said: “I thoroughly enjoyed the all the useful information and the company.”
The group will meet on Wednesday October 18, 10.30am to 12.30pm in the Masonic Hall, Axminster.
Further sessions are on November 15, December 13, January 17, February 21and March 21. There’s no need to book, just turn up on the day.
For more information contact email@example.com or call 01297 631782. You can also follow HALFF on Facebook @halfffoodhub and Twitter @halffcharity.