Axminster house fire - man treated at scene

Firefighters from three towns fight bedroom blaze which left Loretto Road home severely damaged

A MAN was treated for smoke inhalation after a bedroom fire at Axminster this morning (Wednesday).

The blaze happened at a house in Loretto Road at around 9.30am and three fire appliances from Axminster, Colyton and Lyme Regis attended.

The crews used four breathing apparatus, positive pressure ventilation, thermal imaging camera, and small tools to fight the flames.

A bedroom was severely damaged by fire and the remainder of the first floor was damaged by heat and smoke.

A man was treated at scene for smoke inhalation by ambulance crew.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter