Axminster man, 67, killed in car crash
Pensioner is pronounced dead at the scene after two car collision near the Hare and Hounds pub, Honiton
A 67-year-old man from the Axminster area died in a two car collision near the Hare and Hounds pub, Honiton, yesterday evening (Sunday).
The victim, who was pronounced dead at the scene, was driving a silver Ford Fiesta which was involved in the crash with a grey Peugeot 205 car at Putts Corner on the A375 at around 6.45pm.
The road was closed for around six hours at the Hare and Hounds and the Seaton Road junction, while emergency services carried out their work.
The driver of the Peugeot was taken to Royal Devon and Exeter hospital. He does not have any life threatening or changing injuries.
Police want like to hear from witnesses or anyone with any information about the incident to call them on 101, quoting police reference 696, 26 February 2012.
Meanwhile police are trying to contact the dead man’s next of kin, who are not thought to be in the Devon and Cornwall area. Formal identification will be carried out in the next couple of days.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight