Axminster Masons support worthy causes
Local organisations receive donations in a ceremony at the Masonic Lodge
LOCAL good causes have received donations thanks to continued fund raising by Freemasons at Axminster.
The presentation of cheques followed the Virtue and Honour Lodge’s annual church service, at The Minster, yesterday (Sunday).
It was led by Rev John Streeting assisted by the Venerable Frank Johnson, with the lessons being read by Worshipful Master Kevin Lewis and W Bro Andy Simms.
Afterwards, during tea at The Masonic Lodge, money raised during 2010 was presented by the Worshipful Master for that year, John Middleton, to various local causes.
You may also want to watch:
Recipients were: St Andrews Church, Chardstock - to help provide new heating, Axminster Care Service, McMillan Cancer Support,
British Limbless Ex-Servicemen’s Association, Chardstock Park Trust - to help in the re-development of the play area, ARC (Axminster) Ltd - Bereavement and loss counselling service.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
The afternoon ended with an opportunity for everyone to view the Masonic Temple, ask questions and discover a little more about Freemasonry.