Axminster Masons support worthy causes
Local organisations receive donations in a ceremony at the Masonic Lodge
LOCAL good causes have received donations thanks to continued fund raising by Freemasons at Axminster.
The presentation of cheques followed the Virtue and Honour Lodge’s annual church service, at The Minster, yesterday (Sunday).
It was led by Rev John Streeting assisted by the Venerable Frank Johnson, with the lessons being read by Worshipful Master Kevin Lewis and W Bro Andy Simms.
Afterwards, during tea at The Masonic Lodge, money raised during 2010 was presented by the Worshipful Master for that year, John Middleton, to various local causes.
Recipients were: St Andrews Church, Chardstock - to help provide new heating, Axminster Care Service, McMillan Cancer Support,
British Limbless Ex-Servicemen’s Association, Chardstock Park Trust - to help in the re-development of the play area, ARC (Axminster) Ltd - Bereavement and loss counselling service.
- 1 Bestiality video found on jailed drug dealer's phone
- 2 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 3 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 4 Taxidermy alligator set to go under the hammer in Honiton
- 5 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 6 Devon's newest MP raises issue of rural fuel duty in parliament
- 7 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 8 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 9 50 years since Ugandan Asians were resettled in Honiton
- 10 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
The afternoon ended with an opportunity for everyone to view the Masonic Temple, ask questions and discover a little more about Freemasonry.