Axminster musician writes ‘country song of the year’
Steve Black travels to London to receive his award from pop legend Alvin Stardust
AXMINSTER singer/songwriter Steve Black has been honoured in The British Country Music Awards.
His song “You’re on your own” was voted the year’s best original track at a glittering ceremony at the Concorde Club in London, yesterday (Sunday).
Steve, who was presented with his award by pop legend Alvin Stardust, said: “By winning this I hope it gives other songwriters a belief you will be heard.”
Steve’s new album, “All The Best” which has been recorded in Nashville and produced in the UK by Devon-based record label NEO Music, will be released in early December.
You may also want to watch:
Kirstin Reynolds, of NEO Music said: “We’re so pleased for Blacky, for too long his talent as a writer has been unrecognised, so 2012 will be very exciting.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 8 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Wildwood Escot ready for a frighteningly good October half term