Axminster OAP’s £25k Postcode Lottery win
- Credit: Archant
Edward, 75, said he was ‘gobsmacked’ when the cheque was delivered to his home
An Axminster pensioner has won a whopping £25,000 when his lucky postcode – EX13 5NB – was drawn as the winner of the Saturday Street Prize for August 20.
Edward Samwell, 75, of Hallett’s Way, was left gobsmacked when People’s Postcode Lottery Ambassador, Danyl Johnson turned up at his door.
He said: “Never in a million years did I think I would ever win that kind of money. When Danyl pulled out my cheque and I saw how much it was – it took my breath away.
“My wife and I are both retired pensioners and this is really going to change our lives. It will certainly take some of the worry away.
You may also want to watch:
“I started playing People’s Postcode Lottery because 30 per cent of every ticket goes directly to charity.
“I think this is a fantastic way to do your bit for good causes and also you have a chance of winning some money.”
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Roy Hart from Honiton
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 Candidates revealed in race for district council seats
- 4 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 5 Major accolade for driving school
- 6 We won't be truly safe until we have a global vaccine programme
- 7 The joy of gving something back
- 8 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 9 Phillips wins the bogey comp at Honiton Golf Club
- 10 Village celebration will ring out around world
People’s Postcode Lottery Ambassador Danyl Johnson said: “Lucky Edward! He was the only person in his postcode playing People’s Postcode Lottery so his neighbours all missed out on their chance to win £25,000. I’m sure this will make his retirement a lot more comfortable.”
So far players of People’s Postcode Lottery have raised an amazing £135.8 million for charities across Great Britain and internationally.
Devon Hospiscare is amongst the organisations to benefit.
It is the sole provider of specialist palliative care for people with an incurable disease in Exeter, Mid and East Devon. Earlier this year, Hospiscare received £1,000 to help maintain its garden by providing assistance with running costs and the purchase of plants and tools.
Please visit www.postcodelottery.co.uk for more information on People’s Postcode Lottery.