Axminster pet shop offers free workshop for scouts
AN AXMINSTER pet shop is offering Beaver and Cub Scouts free workshops throughout the year to help members gain their animal care badges.
Pets at Home staff will give advice on how to care for pets responsibly to achieve part of their set badge criteria.
Area manager Peter Reis said: “Our in-store pet advisers are always happy to share their extensive knowledge of animal care.
“The free workshops will help local beavers and cub scouts find out all the information they need to achieve some of their badge activity tasks, teaching them how to care for pets responsibly and everything that’s involved in looking after pets.”
For the Beavers’ Animal Friend Badge, members will learn how to care for small animals, fish or insects and the correct types of food to feed them, including type, variety and quantity.
To help gain their Animal Carer Badge, Cubs will find out about different types of freshwater, sea water or tropical fish and what food they eat in the in-store aquatic centre.
Examples of suitable animals for the badge include dogs, cats, gerbils, guinea, fish, birds and rabbits.
- 1 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 4 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 5 Charity golf circus on the Honiton greens
- 6 UPDATE: Missing woman found after police appeal
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers