Axminster pet shop offers free workshop for scouts
AN AXMINSTER pet shop is offering Beaver and Cub Scouts free workshops throughout the year to help members gain their animal care badges.
Pets at Home staff will give advice on how to care for pets responsibly to achieve part of their set badge criteria.
Area manager Peter Reis said: “Our in-store pet advisers are always happy to share their extensive knowledge of animal care.
“The free workshops will help local beavers and cub scouts find out all the information they need to achieve some of their badge activity tasks, teaching them how to care for pets responsibly and everything that’s involved in looking after pets.”
For the Beavers’ Animal Friend Badge, members will learn how to care for small animals, fish or insects and the correct types of food to feed them, including type, variety and quantity.
You may also want to watch:
To help gain their Animal Carer Badge, Cubs will find out about different types of freshwater, sea water or tropical fish and what food they eat in the in-store aquatic centre.
Examples of suitable animals for the badge include dogs, cats, gerbils, guinea, fish, birds and rabbits.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 New independent store opens in town's high street
- 3 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 4 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 5 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 6 Amazing ultra challenges for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 8 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 9 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 10 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink