Axminster police appeal after break in
Drinks plant targeted by thieves
AXMINSTER police are appealing for information after a break in at the Lyme Bay Winery in the early hours of today (Monday, December 13).
Intruders cut locks from the access gates to the plant at Seaton Junction and then broke into a warehouse, setting off the burglar alarm at 3.23am.
Officers said they caused some damage but took none of the stock.
“It may be they were looking for spirits rather than the locally branded drinks which can be more easily traced,” said a spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious in the raea between 3am and 4am is asked to call police on 08452 777444, quoting reference KA10650.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 7 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 8 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 It's time to get on your bike for the Hospiscare Tour de Devon