Axminster police appeal after break in
Drinks plant targeted by thieves
AXMINSTER police are appealing for information after a break in at the Lyme Bay Winery in the early hours of today (Monday, December 13).
Intruders cut locks from the access gates to the plant at Seaton Junction and then broke into a warehouse, setting off the burglar alarm at 3.23am.
Officers said they caused some damage but took none of the stock.
“It may be they were looking for spirits rather than the locally branded drinks which can be more easily traced,” said a spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious in the raea between 3am and 4am is asked to call police on 08452 777444, quoting reference KA10650.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Devon Tesco stores support NSPCC through grants scheme