Axminster police appeal after break in
Drinks plant targeted by thieves
AXMINSTER police are appealing for information after a break in at the Lyme Bay Winery in the early hours of today (Monday, December 13).
Intruders cut locks from the access gates to the plant at Seaton Junction and then broke into a warehouse, setting off the burglar alarm at 3.23am.
Officers said they caused some damage but took none of the stock.
“It may be they were looking for spirits rather than the locally branded drinks which can be more easily traced,” said a spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious in the raea between 3am and 4am is asked to call police on 08452 777444, quoting reference KA10650.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 3 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 7 Have your say on future development of village
- 8 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 9 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help