Axminster Rotarians raise over �27,000
Residents thanked for supporting vital charity work
SOME 90 Axminster Rotarians and their guests attended the annual Christmas lunch in the Guildhall.
Welcoming them, Vice President Bernie Styles thanked the people of the town and surrounding district for their continued support during the last year.
During this time he said approximately �27,000 has been raised for various charities both local and international. The main beneficiary was Shelterbox.
The guest speakers were Andrew Pocock and Tony Short of The Atlantic Challenge Rowing Team from Lyme Regis. Tony, along with three fellow rowers is aiming to cross the Atlantic this time next year. Their ambition is to successfully raise funds for the British Heart Foundation and Shelterbox.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Short presented an interim cheque for �1,180 to Tim Bunting, General Manger of Shelterbox, from funds already raised towards this ambition.
The Rotary Club also presented a cheque for �1,200 to Shelterbox representing funds raised during their recent town collections outside Tesco and the on the Minster green during Market day.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 3 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 4 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 5 Amazing ultra challenges for Axe Valley Runners
- 6 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 7 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 8 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 9 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 10 Your chance to be crowned top artist