Axminster pupils receive free dictionaries
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Axminster Community Primary Academy were not lost for words when local Rotarians appeared at their morning assembly.
Members of the group presented all the year six pupils with a free copy of the Usborne Illustrated Dictionary.
Rotary's project to issue these beautiful and useful books to year six pupils has now been in operation for some years and
last year the Rotary Club of Axminster issued 130 personalised copies to pupils from nine local schools.
This is in keeping with the objective of Rotary International to promote education and literacy worldwide.
You may also want to watch:
The books were handed out at assembly on Friday October 4 conducted by year head Miss Heidi Wickens. Attending for the Rotary Club were John Foulkes and Robyn Jennings, who presented the dictionaries to the children.
A spokesman said: "The cclub wishes all these children the very
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
best of fortune in the future and happiness and success in their coming further education."