Axminster pupils receive free dictionaries
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Axminster Community Primary Academy were not lost for words when local Rotarians appeared at their morning assembly.
Members of the group presented all the year six pupils with a free copy of the Usborne Illustrated Dictionary.
Rotary's project to issue these beautiful and useful books to year six pupils has now been in operation for some years and
last year the Rotary Club of Axminster issued 130 personalised copies to pupils from nine local schools.
This is in keeping with the objective of Rotary International to promote education and literacy worldwide.
You may also want to watch:
The books were handed out at assembly on Friday October 4 conducted by year head Miss Heidi Wickens. Attending for the Rotary Club were John Foulkes and Robyn Jennings, who presented the dictionaries to the children.
A spokesman said: "The cclub wishes all these children the very
- 1 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 2 Hot pennies team plan bumper event to mark charter anniversary
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 Streetwise author launches second edition of historical A to Z
- 5 Scouts welcome Ernie
- 6 Escot provides 'forever' home for rescued bear cubs
- 7 Couple support hospital that cared for tragic grandson
- 8 Mentoring helps to encourage development and leadership
- 9 New silverware up for grabs as flower and produce fair returns
- 10 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
best of fortune in the future and happiness and success in their coming further education."