Axminster’s Castle Inn set to reopen
A new operator has been found for Axminster’s Castle Inn
THE Castle Inn at Axminster is set to reopen on Friday.
Owners Punch Taverns confirmed yesterday that a new licensee had been found to take over the pub and hoped to be pulling pints by the end of the week.
The Castle closed suddenly around a fortnight ago when Landlords Dan and Lyndsey Ecclestone threw a farewell party and left.
It is understood that opposition to expansion plans needed to keep the business viable prompted them to call time.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Punch Taverns said they were delighted to have found a new operator for the Castle so quickly.
- 1 Talks to find future for historic farmhouse ravaged by fire
- 2 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 3 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 4 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 5 Jack's back with a fresh emphasis on community
- 6 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 7 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 8 Independent family store embraces future with retailing first
- 9 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 10 The importance of renewable energy