Axminster’s Castle Inn set to reopen
A new operator has been found for Axminster’s Castle Inn
THE Castle Inn at Axminster is set to reopen on Friday.
Owners Punch Taverns confirmed yesterday that a new licensee had been found to take over the pub and hoped to be pulling pints by the end of the week.
The Castle closed suddenly around a fortnight ago when Landlords Dan and Lyndsey Ecclestone threw a farewell party and left.
It is understood that opposition to expansion plans needed to keep the business viable prompted them to call time.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Punch Taverns said they were delighted to have found a new operator for the Castle so quickly.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 UK’s fastest hillclimb drivers heading to Honiton
- 3 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 4 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 The mystery of the meaning behind Honiton's town seal
- 7 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 8 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 9 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 10 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder