Axminster’s Castle Inn set to reopen
A new operator has been found for Axminster’s Castle Inn
THE Castle Inn at Axminster is set to reopen on Friday.
Owners Punch Taverns confirmed yesterday that a new licensee had been found to take over the pub and hoped to be pulling pints by the end of the week.
The Castle closed suddenly around a fortnight ago when Landlords Dan and Lyndsey Ecclestone threw a farewell party and left.
It is understood that opposition to expansion plans needed to keep the business viable prompted them to call time.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Punch Taverns said they were delighted to have found a new operator for the Castle so quickly.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 5 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 6 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 7 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 8 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business