Axminster’s George Hotel suffers storm damage
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Town Council is warning of traffic disruption in Chard Road tomorrow (Wednesday, February 19) due to emergency repairs at The George Hotel.
In a statement the council said: "Following storm Dennis, some urgent remedial works need to be taken to the exterior of the George Hotel.
"This means scaffolding will be erected tomorrow for an, as yet, unknown period of time to complete the works.
"The road signals will be as they were when the scaffolding was up previously, so please take care and observe the signage if Chard Road forms part of your route."
The council added: "Also, the footway along South Street is planned to be relaid with tarmac during March-April 2020, so please expect some disruption whilst this work is being carried out."
You may also want to watch:
Also, the footway along South Street is planned to be relaid with tarmac during March-April 2020, so please expect some disruption whilst this work is being carried out."
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon