Axminster seats in need of repair
Repairs for public seats will cost a ‘significant sum’.
MORE than a dozen public seats in Axminster need repairing – at a cost of around �600.
Town Councillor Jerry Walden said it would add a significant amount to next year’s budget.
But he added: “They are an asset to the town and need doing.”
He said the good news was he had now found a contractor willing to undertake the job and the cost could be spread over two financial years.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors were told the cost of repair worked out at about �58 a seat, compared to buying a new seat which could range from �250 to �800.
- 1 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 2 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 5 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 6 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 7 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 8 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 9 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 10 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges