Axminster seats in need of repair
Repairs for public seats will cost a ‘significant sum’.
MORE than a dozen public seats in Axminster need repairing – at a cost of around �600.
Town Councillor Jerry Walden said it would add a significant amount to next year’s budget.
But he added: “They are an asset to the town and need doing.”
He said the good news was he had now found a contractor willing to undertake the job and the cost could be spread over two financial years.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors were told the cost of repair worked out at about �58 a seat, compared to buying a new seat which could range from �250 to �800.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 7 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer