Axminster: Show goes on one last time
AN AXMINSTER artistic director will be running his last major show next month. Michael Steel, from The Alternative Company Theatre Unlimited, is suffering ill health and Christmas Crackers will be his last production.
AN AXMINSTER artistic director will be running his last major show next month.
Michael Steel, from The Alternative Company Theatre Unlimited, is suffering ill health and Christmas Crackers will be his last production.
The variety show will be held in aid of Children's Hospice South West on Friday and Saturday, December 11 and 12, at 7.30pm.
Mr Steer said: "Naturally, this is a very sad time for me and I would like to take this opportunity to thank the many friends and traders who have supported us over the years.
You may also want to watch:
"We have made it our business to encourage youngsters and to raise as much money as possible for both local and national charities and have many happy memories."
Tickets will be available from Archway Bookshop from December 1, at �6.50 (50p reduction for senior citizens and children), or from Jean Board (evenings only) on (01297) 33854.
- 1 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 2 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 3 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 4 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 5 Families' feedback is great after kids tuck in to food initiative
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 8 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 9 Customers reminded to look out for tax credit renewal packs
- 10 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future