Axminster: Show goes on one last time
AN AXMINSTER artistic director will be running his last major show next month. Michael Steel, from The Alternative Company Theatre Unlimited, is suffering ill health and Christmas Crackers will be his last production.
AN AXMINSTER artistic director will be running his last major show next month.
Michael Steel, from The Alternative Company Theatre Unlimited, is suffering ill health and Christmas Crackers will be his last production.
The variety show will be held in aid of Children's Hospice South West on Friday and Saturday, December 11 and 12, at 7.30pm.
Mr Steer said: "Naturally, this is a very sad time for me and I would like to take this opportunity to thank the many friends and traders who have supported us over the years.
You may also want to watch:
"We have made it our business to encourage youngsters and to raise as much money as possible for both local and national charities and have many happy memories."
Tickets will be available from Archway Bookshop from December 1, at �6.50 (50p reduction for senior citizens and children), or from Jean Board (evenings only) on (01297) 33854.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 4 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 8 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 9 Rail users can enjoy 'moor' views as Dartmoor Line reopens after 50 years
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington