Axminster: Show goes on one last time
AN AXMINSTER artistic director will be running his last major show next month. Michael Steel, from The Alternative Company Theatre Unlimited, is suffering ill health and Christmas Crackers will be his last production.
AN AXMINSTER artistic director will be running his last major show next month.
Michael Steel, from The Alternative Company Theatre Unlimited, is suffering ill health and Christmas Crackers will be his last production.
The variety show will be held in aid of Children's Hospice South West on Friday and Saturday, December 11 and 12, at 7.30pm.
Mr Steer said: "Naturally, this is a very sad time for me and I would like to take this opportunity to thank the many friends and traders who have supported us over the years.
You may also want to watch:
"We have made it our business to encourage youngsters and to raise as much money as possible for both local and national charities and have many happy memories."
Tickets will be available from Archway Bookshop from December 1, at �6.50 (50p reduction for senior citizens and children), or from Jean Board (evenings only) on (01297) 33854.
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 6 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 7 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 8 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 UPDATE: Man dies after 'serious accident' on A30