Axminster store marks Fairtrade Fortnight
TRINITY House Coffee Shop in Axminster has marked Fairtrade Fortnight (February 22 to March 7) by offering customers the brand s coffee and tea.
TRINITY House Coffee Shop in Axminster has marked Fairtrade Fortnight (February 22 to March 7) by offering customers the brand's coffee and tea.
The store has also expanding its ethical range of clothing - The Earth Collection.
Coffee shop manager Mike Spellars said: "I believe that it is important to recognise and support the producers of these commodities wherever possible."
The idea behind The Earth Collection is to respect the environment and people who work on them - home-based in the Philippines, bringing much needed income to poor villages.
You may also want to watch:
Store manager Mark Hankey said: "The range of clothing using natural fabrics is fashionable, colourful and has the benefits of being environmentally and ethically friendly.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 7 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz