Axminster store marks Fairtrade Fortnight
TRINITY House Coffee Shop in Axminster has marked Fairtrade Fortnight (February 22 to March 7) by offering customers the brand s coffee and tea.
TRINITY House Coffee Shop in Axminster has marked Fairtrade Fortnight (February 22 to March 7) by offering customers the brand's coffee and tea.
The store has also expanding its ethical range of clothing - The Earth Collection.
Coffee shop manager Mike Spellars said: "I believe that it is important to recognise and support the producers of these commodities wherever possible."
The idea behind The Earth Collection is to respect the environment and people who work on them - home-based in the Philippines, bringing much needed income to poor villages.
You may also want to watch:
Store manager Mark Hankey said: "The range of clothing using natural fabrics is fashionable, colourful and has the benefits of being environmentally and ethically friendly.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 7 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer