Axminster store marks Fairtrade Fortnight
TRINITY House Coffee Shop in Axminster has marked Fairtrade Fortnight (February 22 to March 7) by offering customers the brand s coffee and tea.
TRINITY House Coffee Shop in Axminster has marked Fairtrade Fortnight (February 22 to March 7) by offering customers the brand's coffee and tea.
The store has also expanding its ethical range of clothing - The Earth Collection.
Coffee shop manager Mike Spellars said: "I believe that it is important to recognise and support the producers of these commodities wherever possible."
The idea behind The Earth Collection is to respect the environment and people who work on them - home-based in the Philippines, bringing much needed income to poor villages.
You may also want to watch:
Store manager Mark Hankey said: "The range of clothing using natural fabrics is fashionable, colourful and has the benefits of being environmentally and ethically friendly.
- 1 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 2 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 5 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 6 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 7 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 8 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 9 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 10 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges