Axminster teacher’s blooming good display
- Credit: Archant
Deputy head joins floral arranging workshop to celebrate British Flowers Week
An Axminster teacher was amongst garden enthusiasts from across the region who came together to celebrate British Flowers Week.
Flower arranging workshops were held at Combe St Nicholas Village Hall, near Chard. Participants learnt all the techniques they needed to make a colourful country design in a modern basket overflowing with British summer blooms.
Ingrid Edginton, Deputy Head Teacher at Axminster Community Primary Academy said: “I was really looking forward to this workshop. I grow a lot of flowers myself so using these to make an arrangement during British Flowers Week was perfect.
“I learnt how to prepare and use foliage in arrangements. Jackie Nicholls is a great tutor, she has given me so much confidence teaching me how to arrange my flowers and her workshops are so enjoyable.”
You may also want to watch:
Jackie from Ashville Design in Somerset said: “We were all very proud to be celebrating British Flowers Week and supporting local growers.
“Despite British cut flowers representing less than 15 per cent of the £2billion worth of flowers sold each year in the UK, they are really back in fashion now.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
“All the ladies who attended were really enthusiastic. The village hall was absolutely bursting with fun, laughter and beautiful blooms. I was particularly proud of those who had never been to a flower arranging workshop before - a huge well done to everyone from me.”
For more information about up-coming workshops contact Jackie on 01460 67795 or 07906 259 683 or visit www.ashvilledesign.co.uk