Axminster teen admits child rape
Court hears girl, 12, filmed having sex with defendant.
A teenager found with films of himself having sex with a 12-year-old girl has admitted child rape.
Tomas Speed, aged 19, was in a relationship with the girl and took still and moving images of her, Exeter Crown Court was told.
Speed, of Kirby Close, Axminster, admitted three offences of statutory rape of a girl under 13, one of possessing an indecent photograph of her and three of taking indecent images of her.
The charges allege he took movies which rate at level four on the scale of seriousness, which means they showed sex between an adult and a child.
Any sexual intercourse with a child under 13 is now charged as rape as children of that age are considered to be incapable of giving consent.
He was released on conditional bail pending pre sentence reports but warned by Judge John Neligan that he is likely to face a jail sentence. He was also banned from contacting the victim or entering the East Devon village where she lives.
- 1 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 2 Upheaval at Honiton Town Council as six members walk out of meeting and resign
- 3 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'
- 4 Property of the Week: Thorn Cottage, Stockland
- 5 Met office weather warning for fog TONIGHT
- 6 Sophie sacrifices waist-length hair for charity
- 7 Missing 21 year old from Honiton FOUND
- 8 Chris reminisces on his earliest memories from the 1980s
- 9 Four Devon locations make 'worst places to live' list for 2022
- 10 Looking back on local football in the Devon & Exeter League
The Judge ordered him to sign onto the sex offenders register.
Miss Sarah Hornblower, defending, said: ”He is a young man of 19 who is before the courts for the first time.
“The situation is that he was in a relationship, albeit one brought about by his own immaturity and not of a predatory nature. He is not someone who is going to be a risk to other members of the community at large.
“He is on anti depressants and is trying to come to terms with the death of his stepfather five weeks ago.”