Axminster trio get busy with tulips
- Credit: Archant
Flower arranging workshop is a sell-out success
Three Axminster women joined a sell-out flower arranging workshop at Combe St Nicholas Village Hall where Spring was definitely in the air.
Designed to inspire, award wining tutor Jackie Nicholls showed ladies how to upcycle their everyday tin cans into beautiful containers that could be used again and again.
Watching a step-by-step demonstration they saw how numerous different craft materials could be used to produce an abundance of amazing designs.
Julia Yates, from Axminster, said: “I was really pleased with the designs I made and confident I could repeat them. I never realised that tulips were so versatile and that we could turn them into tropical flowers.”
You may also want to watch:
Jackie Nicholls from Ashville Design, in Somerset, added: “The end results of this workshop were quite simply amazing. No-one needed any experience to come along and it was great fun for a change to combine a craft element with flower arranging.
“As a floral designer, I have a very creative mind and like to come up with ideas that are different. The end result was a village hall awash with the most gorgeous tulips and exquisite containers - it really was uplifting and a joy to see!”
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
For details of upcoming workshops visit www.ashvilledesign.co.uk or call Jackie on 01460 67795 or 07906 259 683.