Axminster workers skydive for charity
- Credit: Archant
Parachute jump from 15,000ft raises £3,160 for Hospiscare’s new Honiton centre.
Nine employees from Axminster Tools and Machinery jumped out of a plane at 15,000ft last week – and raised £3,160 for Hospiscare’s new Honiton centre.
They took off from Dunkeswell airport for their sponsored skydive.
Organiser, retail administrator, Maddie Edwards said: “We were free falling for a minute and the parachutes opened at 5,000ft!
“From this height you could see the Bristol Channel and Wales in the distance, and the south coast up as far as Weymouth and down as far as Torquay!
You may also want to watch:
“The views were amazing and it was as though you were just looking at a picture rather than actually being up in the air slowly floating down. The plane had landed before we did. “Everyone has said it was one of the best experiences of their lives. Now, we just need to try and top this next year!”
If anyone would like to support this event by donating to Hospiscare, this can still be done by texting ATMH50 plus the amount they want to donate to 70070 or by visiting www.justgiving.com/Team-AxminsterTM
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home