Axminster Job Club reopens to help jobseekers
- Credit: Archant
Jobseekers will now have help writing CVs, cover letters and filling in job applications as Axminster Job Club reopens.
The voluntary service has reopened following Covid-19 guidelines which include wearing masks and rubber gloves as well as using hand sanitiser.
Visitors to the Job Club in Pippins Community Centre are admitted one at a time, to a maximum of five in the room, in order to comply with social distancing guidelines.
As well as the usual support and advice on CVs, Universal Credit and training opportunities, the club has two laptops for people to use who wish to do a short online training course.
Also, on offer is tea and coffee (in disposable cups) while visitors wait, and free food from Tesco and the Co-op, as well as frozen meals courtesy of Nourish.
You may also want to watch:
You do not need to book an appointment and the centre is open every Thursday from 9am to noon except July 30.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis