Axmouth Children's Theatre raises �800 for charity
AXMOUTH Children s Theatre donated �800 to charity following the success of a recent show.
AXMOUTH Children's Theatre donated �800 to charity following the success of a recent show.
Summer of Love 1966 and All That raised the money for Devon Air Ambulance through ticket sales and a raffle.
Writer and producer Malcolm Henty said: "The cast and I are obviously very pleased with the large amount we managed to raise over the two nights.
"The children have worked extremely hard rehearsing and putting the show together. They were all very keen to do it and their efforts have been well rewarded.
"Personally they were a brilliant group to work - we had lots of fun along the way. Whatever we threw at them in the way of songs, etc, from the 60s, they also had a go at. They also contributed material themselves.
- 1 Five-year-old girl dies after road accident near Honiton
- 2 Devon model railway manufacturer expands factory space to keep up with demand
- 3 Dramatic departure of six Honiton councillors after council tax vote
- 4 Mum-to-be's relaxing holiday ends in baby being delivered at Devon resort
- 5 Serious road accident at Wilmington
- 6 Information sought on fly-tipping incident in Honiton
- 7 New £60,000 funding for Honiton play park
- 8 Rise on the rise with confident home victory
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Bringing the best of British to Honiton