Back-up requested at Awliscombe fire
Shed blaze involved gas cylinder.
A fire crew from Honiton called for back-up last night (Thursday) after being sent to tackle a shed fire at Awliscombe and discovering a gas cylinder was inside the burning structure.
Emergency services were made aware of the blaze, at Nap View, at 8.30pm.
One of Honiton’s two fire appliances was sent to the scene, with Watch Commander Stonelake in charge.
A fire and rescue service spokesman said: “Upon arrival, the crew confirmed a garden shed was well alight and committed two breathing apparatus wearers with two hose reels.
You may also want to watch:
“A gas cylinder was involved and the crew cooled the cylinder.”
Just before 9pm, the incident commander requested additional resources and a second appliance from Honiton was mobilised.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental ignition.