Badgers bounce back
First young members of the new St John Ambulance unit get an official welcome
THE first members of the reformed Seaton and Beer St John Ambulance Badgers are ready to earn their stripes after being officially welcomed into the fold.
County officer Kirt Ware congratulated the youngsters on helping to re-establish the unit at a ceremony last week.
The youth organisation is open to youngsters aged five to 10 and meets weekly at our St John Headquarters in Seaton.
Hobbies, crafts and first aid are among the activities undertaken by the Badgers, who pay 50p a week to take part.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more call Badger leader Emily Miller on 01404 46965 or divisional superintendent Stefan Miller on 01297 23954.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Devon Tesco stores support NSPCC through grants scheme