Bagging bargains in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Clothes swap proves to be a success.
More than 160 items of clothing, shoes, bags and accessories were swapped during a special clothes swap in Honiton.
Local residents brought along any items they no longer needed and swapped them for something else that took their fancy at the Transition Town Honiton event, which was held as part of the monthly Sustainable Saturday.
There will be a clothes swap at the next Sustainable Saturday event on Saturday, July 6, at the Mackarness Hall, from 9am to noon.
A spokesman for Transition Town Honiton said: “Transition Town Honiton is keen to run projects like the clothes swap which encourage reusing and recycling goods and they support the award winning Waste Not Want Not project which is also part of Sustainable Saturdays.”
You may also want to watch:
The group is to set up a new waste group to look at plastics recycling and other projects.
Anyone interested in joining is urged to email email@example.com or call 07447 597390 for more information.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon