Bagging bargains in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Clothes swap proves to be a success.
More than 160 items of clothing, shoes, bags and accessories were swapped during a special clothes swap in Honiton.
Local residents brought along any items they no longer needed and swapped them for something else that took their fancy at the Transition Town Honiton event, which was held as part of the monthly Sustainable Saturday.
There will be a clothes swap at the next Sustainable Saturday event on Saturday, July 6, at the Mackarness Hall, from 9am to noon.
A spokesman for Transition Town Honiton said: “Transition Town Honiton is keen to run projects like the clothes swap which encourage reusing and recycling goods and they support the award winning Waste Not Want Not project which is also part of Sustainable Saturdays.”
You may also want to watch:
The group is to set up a new waste group to look at plastics recycling and other projects.
Anyone interested in joining is urged to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07447 597390 for more information.
- 1 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 2 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 3 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 4 The amazing Axminster of 57 years ago
- 5 Podium return for Axe Valley Pedaller
- 6 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 7 Property of the Week: Tansee Hill, Thorncombe
- 8 When a waffle is good for your health
- 9 East Devon Property of the Week
- 10 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors