Award-winning housebuilder Baker Estates donates £500 to local charity Hospiscare
- Credit: Archant
The developers behind the new Hayne Farm estate in Honiton have pledged to donate money to Hospiscare every time they sell a home.
The development is on the outskirts of Honiton in Gittisham and £100 will go to Hospiscare for every home that is sold.
Baker Estates handed over their first cheque of £500 this week to the charity which helps people living with a life-limiting illness.
Hospiscare CEO Andrew Randall said: “We are incredibly grateful to Baker Estates for supporting Hospiscare in this way.
“We need support more than ever as we are facing a £1 million plus deficit this year due to the impact of Covid-19 on our income streams.
You may also want to watch:
“On behalf of Hospiscare, I would like to say a huge thank you to Ian Baker and the team for this generous support.”
Ian Baker, managing director at Baker Estates, said: “We are proud to support this very important and well-regarded local hospice. As a community focused housebuilder, we like to find ways of contributing to local charities, who are reliant on donations and work so hard to raise funding.”
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone