Popular farm shop in Honiton to close for good next month
- Credit: Archant
A beloved Honiton farm shop will be closing its doors to the public for good next month.
The team at Bartlett’s Farm Shop, in Hayne Lane, has decided to call time on the venture after 10 years of serving the Honiton community.
Nicola Blackmore, who runs the business with sister Rebecca Cooke said the decision was made a month ago, when they were approached to renew their tenancy.
She said: “It’s a shame – we started this from nothing and it has been a fantastic ten years.
“Thank you to the people who have supported us every week, it has been amazing.”
You may also want to watch:
The decision to close Bartlett’s Farm is unrelated to the coronavirus pandemic which has affected high streets across the country.
Mrs Blackmore said business has actually picked up in the wake of the crisis, but intends to stick with the decision.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 10 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
She said: “The decision not to renew our tenancy was made some time ago.”
The provisional closing date for the business is April 9, but could be subject to change given the threat of Covid-19.