Beach clean up on Wednesday, September 19 - Seaton
SEATON beach will get a thorough clean up this month –on September 29 – and not 19 as previously reported in the Midweek Herald.
The effort is part of the Marine Conservation Society’s (MCS) annual Beachwatch Big Weekend litter survey and tidy-up.
The MSC is calling on volunteers to take part at the event on Wednesday, at 10am.
People are to meet at Fisherman’s Gap with gloves and suitable clothing.
The local event has been organised by the Axe Vale and District Conservation Society.
You may also want to watch:
Over 4,500 took part in Beachwatch Big Weekend 2009, cleaning and surveying 397 beaches in just one weekend.
The MSC is calling on the government to develop an action plan to tackle marine litter.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 UK’s fastest hillclimb drivers heading to Honiton
- 3 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 4 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 The mystery of the meaning behind Honiton's town seal
- 7 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 8 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 9 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
Those who feel strongly about the issue can sign their a at www.mcsuk.org
For more information on the local event, contact Ian Waite on (01297) 20326.