Beach clean up on Wednesday, September 19 - Seaton
SEATON beach will get a thorough clean up this month –on September 29 – and not 19 as previously reported in the Midweek Herald.
The effort is part of the Marine Conservation Society’s (MCS) annual Beachwatch Big Weekend litter survey and tidy-up.
The MSC is calling on volunteers to take part at the event on Wednesday, at 10am.
People are to meet at Fisherman’s Gap with gloves and suitable clothing.
The local event has been organised by the Axe Vale and District Conservation Society.
Over 4,500 took part in Beachwatch Big Weekend 2009, cleaning and surveying 397 beaches in just one weekend.
The MSC is calling on the government to develop an action plan to tackle marine litter.
- 1 Caravan left 'severely damaged' by fire on A35
- 2 Aldi seeking approval for extension of former Coop site
- 3 Happy Hippos all set for Peninsula push
- 4 South West warning for drought issued
- 5 Kilmington driver admits injuring woman in Axminster crash
- 6 Outdoor fire in Lyme Regis
- 7 Honiton history: Four generations of the Hussey family auctions
- 8 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 9 Seaton ladies storm into semi-finals of Top Club competition
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
Those who feel strongly about the issue can sign their a at www.mcsuk.org
For more information on the local event, contact Ian Waite on (01297) 20326.