Beach clean up on Wednesday, September 19 - Seaton
SEATON beach will get a thorough clean up this month –on September 29 – and not 19 as previously reported in the Midweek Herald.
The effort is part of the Marine Conservation Society’s (MCS) annual Beachwatch Big Weekend litter survey and tidy-up.
The MSC is calling on volunteers to take part at the event on Wednesday, at 10am.
People are to meet at Fisherman’s Gap with gloves and suitable clothing.
The local event has been organised by the Axe Vale and District Conservation Society.
You may also want to watch:
Over 4,500 took part in Beachwatch Big Weekend 2009, cleaning and surveying 397 beaches in just one weekend.
The MSC is calling on the government to develop an action plan to tackle marine litter.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 5 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 6 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 7 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Those who feel strongly about the issue can sign their a at www.mcsuk.org
For more information on the local event, contact Ian Waite on (01297) 20326.