Beach clean up on Wednesday, September 19 - Seaton
SEATON beach will get a thorough clean up this month –on September 29 – and not 19 as previously reported in the Midweek Herald.
The effort is part of the Marine Conservation Society’s (MCS) annual Beachwatch Big Weekend litter survey and tidy-up.
The MSC is calling on volunteers to take part at the event on Wednesday, at 10am.
People are to meet at Fisherman’s Gap with gloves and suitable clothing.
The local event has been organised by the Axe Vale and District Conservation Society.
You may also want to watch:
Over 4,500 took part in Beachwatch Big Weekend 2009, cleaning and surveying 397 beaches in just one weekend.
The MSC is calling on the government to develop an action plan to tackle marine litter.
- 1 Talks to find future for historic farmhouse ravaged by fire
- 2 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 3 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 4 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 5 Jack's back with a fresh emphasis on community
- 6 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 7 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 8 Independent family store embraces future with retailing first
- 9 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 10 The importance of renewable energy
Those who feel strongly about the issue can sign their a at www.mcsuk.org
For more information on the local event, contact Ian Waite on (01297) 20326.