Beam catches fire at Axminster house

PUBLISHED: 09:23 14 March 2011

�

Archant

Crew remove burning timber from above fireplace

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in Alexandra Road, Axminster, at around 7pm yesterday (Sunday) after a wooden beam caught alight.

The crew used a small quantity of water to put out the flames and then removed the burnt timber, from above the fireplace, as well as a small quantity of bricks and then made the area safe.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald