Bedroom badly damaged in fire in Chard

PUBLISHED: 09:14 26 January 2019 | UPDATED: 09:14 26 January 2019

Colyton Carnival 2019. Picture: Alex Walton Photography

Colyton Carnival 2019. Picture: Alex Walton Photography

Picture: Alex Walton Photography

Two fire crews were called out after an alarm sounded at the property in Bubwith Close

A fire at a house in Chard has left a bedroom severely damaged.

Two fire crews were called out to an alarm sounding at the property in Bubwith Close just before 9.20pm last night (Friday 25).

They wore breathing apparatus to reach the blaze on the first floor of the building, and put it out. It caused serious damage to the bedroom and smoke damage to the rest of the house. The fire is believed to be accidental and there are no reports of any injuries.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Midweek Herald