Bedroom fire at flat

PUBLISHED: 13:21 12 October 2012 | UPDATED: 13:31 12 October 2012

�

Archant

Man suffers smoke inhalation.

Firefighters from Honiton were called to a blaze at a flat in Ottery St Mary.

An elderly man suffered smoke inhalation following the bedroom fire at a first floor flat in St Saviours Road, at 9.45pm last night (Thursday).

One fire engine from Honiton attended and assisted crews from Ottery St Mary and Middlemoor.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “One bedroom was severely damaged by smoke and fire and the remainder of the flat was damaged by smoke.”

The fire was extinguished using breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet.

Ambulance crews also attended the scene.

The spokesman added: “The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald