Beehive land on long lease
ALTHOUGH East Devon District Council has given land to Honiton for a community centre, the Northcote Lane Area Residents Association has concerns.
ALTHOUGH East Devon District Council has given land to Honiton for a community centre, the Northcote Lane Area Residents' Association has concerns.
"It is on a 150-year lease and that is something the public doesn't seem to have been told," said the association's chairman, Ken Sherman.
Speaking to the Midweek Herald, he said: "I am willing to accept it is a free lease, but all leases come with a set of conditions."
Mr Sherman added: "It leaves you with an uncomfortable feeling and the lease is a point that hasn't been put."
Honiton Town Council is negotiating with officials at Knowle to ensure covenants are not imposed restricting the use of the proposed community centre building.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 3 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 4 Special tree tribute to lost loved ones launched
- 5 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 6 Property of the Week: Dolphin Street, Colyton
- 7 Beer beat Bucks to reach the last eight
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Beer's three days of Christmas
- 10 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate