Beehive land on long lease
ALTHOUGH East Devon District Council has given land to Honiton for a community centre, the Northcote Lane Area Residents Association has concerns.
ALTHOUGH East Devon District Council has given land to Honiton for a community centre, the Northcote Lane Area Residents' Association has concerns.
"It is on a 150-year lease and that is something the public doesn't seem to have been told," said the association's chairman, Ken Sherman.
Speaking to the Midweek Herald, he said: "I am willing to accept it is a free lease, but all leases come with a set of conditions."
Mr Sherman added: "It leaves you with an uncomfortable feeling and the lease is a point that hasn't been put."
You may also want to watch:
Honiton Town Council is negotiating with officials at Knowle to ensure covenants are not imposed restricting the use of the proposed community centre building.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 6 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 7 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 8 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 9 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis