Beehive land on long lease
ALTHOUGH East Devon District Council has given land to Honiton for a community centre, the Northcote Lane Area Residents Association has concerns.
ALTHOUGH East Devon District Council has given land to Honiton for a community centre, the Northcote Lane Area Residents' Association has concerns.
"It is on a 150-year lease and that is something the public doesn't seem to have been told," said the association's chairman, Ken Sherman.
Speaking to the Midweek Herald, he said: "I am willing to accept it is a free lease, but all leases come with a set of conditions."
Mr Sherman added: "It leaves you with an uncomfortable feeling and the lease is a point that hasn't been put."
You may also want to watch:
Honiton Town Council is negotiating with officials at Knowle to ensure covenants are not imposed restricting the use of the proposed community centre building.
- 1 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 2 School recognised for appliance of science
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Customers reminded to look out for tax credit renewal packs
- 5 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 6 Mum and daughters take some big steps to help beat cancer
- 7 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 8 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Author's school visit takes the biscuit