Beehive site is wrong
With regard to Be Positive, April 14, I do agree with Ann that Honiton does need a community centre, as many people of Honiton do. What we do not agree on is where.
With regard to Be Positive, April 14, I do agree with Ann that Honiton does need a community centre, as many people of Honiton do.
What we do not agree on is where.
Putting the community centre on that car park is disastrous. What is left of the car park can be taken up by staff and visitors to the centre.
Where can shoppers park their cars if doing a large shop in either the Co-op or Iceland? People will not push trolleys over a busy road to the other car park.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Vivienne Ash wants to promote Honiton. That's good, but, to date, we have lost two toilet blocks for visitors, put up parking charges and are considering cutting parking in the High Street.
It does not make any sense to me. I implore the council to find a new site for our community centre.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 7 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
Let's help our retailers, let's make Honiton unique. It is no good launching a new marketing strategy if visitors cannot park.
Northcote Lane Resident