Beer and Branscombe crime file
CRIME FILE POLICE dealt with a total of five crimes in Beer and Branscombe last month, according to new figures. Two alleged thefts were recorded in Beer – one from a vehicle parked at Stovar Long Lane Stables between May 14 and 15, and a sculpture was s
POLICE dealt with a total of five crimes in Beer and Branscombe last month, according to new figures.
Two alleged thefts were recorded in Beer - one from a vehicle parked at Stovar Long Lane Stables between May 14 and 15, and a sculpture was stolen from the Steam Gallery on May 23.
PC Steve Speariett, neighbourhood beat manager, said a 23-year-old man from Colyton was arrested on suspicion of the vehicle incident and is currently on police bail.
You may also want to watch:
The third incident in Beer involved a motorist causing damage to another vehicle parked on the slipway which was blocking his vehicle. A man from Bristol has been dealt with by police.
Officers are also investigating two burglaries in and around Branscombe.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 8 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 9 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 10 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
A lawn mower, chainsaw and hedge trimmer were stolen from a farm building between May 15 and 17.
As reported in last week's Herald, cash was taken from Oakdown Caravan Park on May 26 at around 4am. The offenders were disturbed at the scene and made off with a safe in a white Audi A4. The safe was later found abandoned between Staffed Cross and Colyton.
Anyone with information about the unsolved crimes are urged to contact police on 08452 777444 - quoting KN/10/192 for the Beer sculpture theft, and KN/10/189 and KN/10/198 for the Branscombe burglaries respectively.