Booze and cash stolen from Beer FC as burglars strike over bank holiday weekend
- Credit: Archant
Burglars have stolen a safe and quantity of alcohol after they smashed their way into a football club over the bank holiday weekend.
Beer Albion FC was struck between 9pm on Sunday 25 August and 9am on Monday 26 August.
Police are investigating the break-in at the club and want to hear from anyone who could have information relating to the raid.
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said: "Offenders smashed through a door window to enter the clubhouse. They took a safe containing a quantity of cash and 10 bottles of spirits (gin, vodka and whiskey).
"Police are seeking witnesses to the burglary and would like to hear from anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious around the club at the time of the offence."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information relating to it is asked to contact police via firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 101, quoting CR/077270/19.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre