Beer Lifeboat Week set to launch
- Credit: Archant
Tabletop sale, duck racing and lots of musical entertainment are on this year’s programme
Beer Lifeboat Week is set to launch on Saturday, July 8.
There will be a street collection from 10am to 6pm and a tabletop sale from 9am to 12.30pm in the Mariners Hall, which will be open to sellers from 8am.
To hire a table people should contact Ian Rangeley on 07813043301.
There will be tea, coffee, bacon butties and a variety of stalls including raffle and cakes, crafts and bric-a-brac.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday, July 9, is the 12th annual duck race. People can take along their painting, drawing or collage of a duck to the RNLI shop at Jubilee Gardens by 2pm or to the tabletop sale. These will be judged after the duck races which begin at 3pm.
Meanwhile at 2.30pm there will be a display by the Exmouth Lifeboat R and J Wellburn and Lyme Regis Lifeboat, Spirit of Loch Fyne.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
On Wednesday, July 12, there will be a quiz night in the Long Bar at the Dolphin Hotel. It starts at 8pm and entry is £2 per person with teams of four. There will be a certificate and prize for the winners.
On Friday, July 14, there is a music night in the Long Bar, Dolphin Hotel, from 9pm to 11pm. This promises to be a great night of singing, with sea shanties by the Chantry Buoys and music from Izzy Rose plus Jessica.