Beer stone plaque will mark RBL’s 90th birthday
Pecorama will stage a series of events to commemorate the Legion’s special anniversary on Sunday
A SPECIALLY commissioned stone plaque will be put up at Beer on Sunday (July 3) to mark an important anniversary.
Pecorama – the village’s popular model railway centre – will host a series of events throughout the day to celebrate the Royal British Legion’s 90th birthday.
And they will be hoping to raise much needed revenue for the continuation of the organisation’s invaluable work.
Amongst VIP guests will be the Deputy Lord Lieutenant, Rear Admiral Cheadle CM DL, who will unveil the commemorative Beer stone plaque, which will be a permanent feature in the Pecorama gardens.
You may also want to watch:
The day will also include a display of military vehicles and the RBL Motorcycle Riders, afternoon performances by the Lyme Regis Brass Band, various charity stalls and a display and a DVD in the Station Gallery giving information on the work of the RBL.
Visitors can also visit a specially created poppy garden and be entertained at ‘The Top Spot’ garden theatre by “A Wizard Called Ozz”.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis