Online comedy show to raise money for Devon Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
Devon comedian, musicians, artists and sports people will be raising money for the Devon Air Ambulance and Fareshare Soutwest by hosting an online comedy show.
The show will be all about Devon and fill feature famous faces such as Josh Widdicombe.
Belly Laughs was set up by Bristol comedian Mark Olver and has recently moved online having usually taken place in Bristol and Cardiff.
The online gathering in May raised more than £36,000 for four charities and all money raised in June’s show will be donated to the Devon Air Ambulance and Fareshare Soutwest.
Founder Mark Olver said: “The world’s gone a little bit crazy right now and I think Belly Laughs At Home could be the antidote to that - for a couple of hours anyway.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m always blown away by people’s generosity at these events and am sure we can raise some money for these great causes whilst having a bit of a laugh at the same time.”
There is no obligation to donate but the group does suggest £4. All of the money raise will be split between the charities.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
The show starts at 7.30pm on Sunday, June 7 and you can see clips from May’s show at www.twitch.tv/videos/617090284.