Bench tribute to Queen’s jubilee
Commemorative bench unveiled at Minster Green.
Axminster Carnival Committee has shown its community spirit by donating a commemorative bench to mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
The bench was officially presented to the town last week, and has been installed on the Minster Green.
Money raised from the committee’s carnival street collections were used to purchase the bench.
The carnival committee is already preparing for this year’s procession in the town, which takes place on Saturday, September 15.
It would like to hear from any previous carnival queens who would like to take part.
For more information, contact the carnival’s secretary, Geoff Enticott, on 01297 32147.
- 1 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 2 Upheaval at Honiton Town Council as six members walk out of meeting and resign
- 3 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'
- 4 Property of the Week: Thorn Cottage, Stockland
- 5 Sophie sacrifices waist-length hair for charity
- 6 Met office weather warning for fog TONIGHT
- 7 Chris reminisces on his earliest memories from the 1980s
- 8 Missing 21 year old from Honiton FOUND
- 9 Four Devon locations make 'worst places to live' list for 2022
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance Helicopter in need of repair following an emergency mission to Dartmoor